lunes, mayo 20, 2024

Spring in Texas and the Total Solar Eclipse in Dallas

I wanted to go to New York, but even with Southwest Points for one of the flights it would've been really expensive to stay in Manhattan. Then I had this crazy idea to just drive to McAllen to see the Gelman's Stained Glass Museum. We had a long weekend at the end of March and the beginning of April, and Best Western offered a free night stay after staying for two nights. Some of their Sure Stay hotels had the cheapest options in every place that I stayed at. This trip was planned a few days before traveling. I took a detour to Granbury and then the Hill Country to see the blooms before going to San Antonio:













A small museum and a mansion were at a walking distance in a quiet neighborhood on the south side of the downtown area:









I drove to San Juan (right next to McAllen) to see this museum:











Quinta Mazatlan has been highly rated on Google Maps. It might not be worth the trip, but it was OK:

I went to church the next morning. The closest one was this one in Mission:




On my way to Weimar, I stopped in Victoria, Cuero, and Gonzales:



On my way to College Station and Bryan I briefly stopped in LaGrange to see the courthouse and in Brenham, to visit the Blue Bell factory:








On my way to College Station, I made an unplanned stop in Navasota, as one of the streets looked nice:


The best place to visit in College Station might be this church, located at a walking distance from Texas A&M:








That trip ended that evening, April 1st. A week later, I took the day off to watch the total solar eclipse in Dallas:

The sky did not turn completely dark, and a cloud briefly obstructed the view before revealing the moon surrounded by the sun's corona.

No hay comentarios.: