domingo, abril 20, 2014

Austin, TX


The city itself is beautiful. It now has a decent skyline, it is full of trees, has parks, walking trails, friendly people...


Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio have their own parks, and except for San Antonio, a decent skyline. I just love the way all cities within the Golden Triangle are sort of buried in the forest. You get those beautiful freeways, nice buildings, houses and businesses while still being surrounded by nature. 


As beautiful as the city is and the fact that people are friendly, I would never choose to raise my kids there. While keeping the city weird is cool, weird people ARE NOT cool. Most Austinites seem to be just fine, however, I don't think that people that ACT UP on 6th street live on that street, they most likely come from all around the city. If you do not know what I'm talking about I invite you to go there at night. As crazy as it will be on the street, you'll find a bar with live music every twenty yards. If you like live music, you'll love to visit 6th street at night. 


Will I go back? Of course!

1 comentario:

Mr. Bizarre dijo...

I'd rather say every 20 feet, friend.