sábado, julio 06, 2019

From the East Coast to the West Coast: Boston, Providence, Newport, Los Angeles, and Hearst Castle

After an extremely eventful year, there was a need to go and explore. OK, there's always a need to go to explore, and that was no different the year before, which was my best year teaching. These pictures are more or less in chronological order.

Boston

It was late May and temperatures were mainly in the 50s (around 13 Celsius). As it was cloudy, and even rainy at times, this was the best time to take pictures of interiors:

























Rhode Island































































I stayed in Warwick, near the Providence Airport while I visited Providence and Newport. I must say that if Rhode Island was as big as Texas, it would take a lifetime to see it all.

Back in Boston












Skies were mainly clear and after seeing most of the interior places, it was the perfect time to take pictures of the outside as well:













That evening I took a flight to Los Angeles, which lasted about 6 hours and a half. I believe it is the longest flight within the lower 48 states. Despite that, there were no free meals. I believe I would've gotten a free meal if I would've flown from New York, which is a slightly shorter flight. Unless you earn enough miles for a free trip, I feel that traveling business or first class is a waste of money, even if you can afford it without affecting your finances. There was no time to waste here in Los Angeles metro area:

Warner Brother Studios:














St. Sophia Greek Orthodox Cathedral (It's FREE, but be there before 4:00PM):



















And the Walk of Fame:




















Tour to Santa Barbara, Solvang, and Hearst Castle:


























Back in Los Angeles:










This was by far my most stressful year teaching. The best way to end this was with this trip. This was also to celebrate that next school year I'll be teaching more of what I love the most: science. I should also be having more time for myself, as the days won't be as long. As an unknown author once said: "If something good happens, travel to celebrate. If something bad happens, travel to forget, if nothing happens, travel to make something happen." I look forward to more great days in the classroom and as long as money and time allow, more traveling!

No hay comentarios.: