martes, junio 20, 2023

Hotel California and Hotel Nevada

I was not even done editing the first half of the pictures from summer 2022 by the time Thanksgiving break had started. A new trip means adding more pictures of great memories to the editing list. It was the end of what was still a somewhat good semester other than my travels. 

For the same price that I used to pay for a Days Inn in Lombard Street (probably in 2017) in San Francisco, I was able to book a much better Hilton Hotel this time:




Learning to see the best of what the city has to offer may take some time. You may need to return a couple of times:
































I was not looking for fall foliage in Yosemite. I was surprised to see that leaves changed so late in the season, considering the latitude and altitude. I don't regret repeating this tour from San Francisco. Fall colors were no great, but still nice:







Some places like the Muir Woods, Sausalito, Twin Peaks, and Golden Gate Park museums and gardens were visited again in order to take better pictures than the ones from previous trips:














This was my first time in Fairfield and Sacramento. You can get an Uber to Emeryville, right across the bay, and then take a train to Sacramento. Fairfield is about halfway in between San Francisco and Sacramento. The Amtrack train has two stops in Fairfield. As I wanted to learn about the process of candy making at the Jelly Belly factory, I stopped there. I found it hard to see how insects are kept away from the candy. In fact, I could've brought some myself and thrown them (of course I didn't). While visitors and workers are required to cover their heads, any insect can easily get into the unwrapped candy boxes if it wants to:





While that was not the reason why I decided to visit, I found some awesome fall colors in Sacramento. Unlike Yosemite, which has mainly yellow and brown leaves from native trees, these trees in Sacramento are clearly not from the area, but seem to grow well here:














Unlike the somewhat affordable Rio Hotel, some places in the Las Vegas Strip are really "instagrammable:"

















The Skyfall Lounge at the Delano hotel might be the best free sky lounge:


The pictures from Bryce Canyon, Utah are way better than the crappy ones from last time. You can get a tour from Las Vegas:










Ethel Chocolates has a catus botanical garden with Christmas lights. After paying a dollar you can only exit through their chocolate factory and store. The chocolates are good, but pricey:





I may consider visiting the Reno, Carson City and Lake Tahoe area someday. Only time will tell.

No hay comentarios.: