martes, octubre 03, 2023

More Hidden Treasures in the Metroplex

You can only do so much work at home when planning is done as a team. I was bored on a Sunday, so I decided to visit some of those places in the Metroplex that have been saved on Google Maps where I've been too lazy to drive. Except for any new museums, any expansions of current museums, or temporary European art exhibits at the DMA or the Kimbell I believe I've seen everything that is worth photographing. Catholic and Orthodox churches have been an exception. While I will only participate in Catholic masses, I do enjoy visiting other interior works of art, even though I do not fully share their beliefs. I started with a Romanian Orthodox church in Colleyville:





This was followed by a stopping at two international food stores in Watauga before driving to a Catholic church in Denton:





And finally, another Catholic church in Coppell:







Between driving, waiting for the Orthodox service to be over, buying some groceries, and visiting all three churches (including a Catholic mass) took over 7 hours! Visiting the Stockyards may be part of the next inner-city road trip. 

My elbow recovery seems to have come to a halt. The chiropractor that I was referred to by another doctor in Dallas admitted that as long as I keep sleeping in the only position that helps me sleep most of the time seems to be hindering further recovery. I can't keep visiting doctors like crazy as other doctors in the area are too far from where I work. While he did help me at the beginning, this tells me that he will not be able to help me any further. I cannot be missing work all the time for any doctors that are farther away. Will I make it until the summer in time to continue the treatment that seemed to be working best? 8-12 weeks I was told. This treatment is affordable in Mexico, but unaffordable in the US, where the insurance does not cover it. Praying that my elbow keeps improving, or that at least it won't get any worse. 

No hay comentarios.: